Greetings, I intend to share a piece before long about the recent controversial supreme court decision. In the mean time here is another post that criticizes the Christian faith. I don’t believe the Christian God exist. But if he did exist, he would certainly be a crazed, murderous tyrannical monster. Despite this, I am still cool, with most Christians I know. Christians usually have far more character than their God. They are more moral, more sensible, less jealous and less insane than their God. I wish they would realize this, and stop making excuses for this celestial monstrosity. To elaborate on how much better Christians are than their God, let’s pretend you are a typical Christian. Here is a list of 43 reasons why you are a vastly superior moral and rational being than your God:
1. You almost certainly would never sentence me to torture for not loving you.
2. I doubt you would ask me ever ritualistically kill and burn animals for you.
3. You would never require a brutal human sacrifice in order to forgive people.
4. You would never conceive a child for the purpose of using him as a human sacrifice.
5. You would never condone Slavery.
6. You would never permit slaves owners to beat their slaves just short of their lives.
7. You would never make an exemption to this rule, in cases where the slave dies a day or two after the beating. See Exodus 21:20-21.
8. You would never develop a set of rules for men to sell their daughters into slavery. (Exodus 21:7-11)
9. You would not give instructions like: Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves. (Deuteronomy 20:14)
10. You would not make rules like: If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29). Seriously what kind of sick freak would make a rape victim marry her attacker??
11. You would not advocate killing unborn children, as in Numbers 31:17: “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.”
12. You would not advocate murdering people for their sexuality. (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
13. You would not advocate killing people for fortune telling (Leviticus 20:27), hitting their parents (Exodus 21:15), or cursing their parents (Leviticus 20:9).
14. You would not advocate killing women if they are not virgins on their wedding night (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)
15. Even if you are pro-capital punishment, you would probably not advocate stoning people to death as your execution method of choice.
16. You would never command wide spread mass civilian murder, as is describeExodus 31:12-15d in the book of Joshua.
17. You not send bears to attack children for making fun of a bald man (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB).
18. You would not advocate killing people for working on the wrong day of the week (Exodus 31:12-15)
19. You would not kill a fig tree for not bearing fruit when it is not even in season. (Mark11:12-14)
20. You would not have such a fragile ego, that you need to be constantly praised, by sycophants, and told how great you are.
21. You would not punish me in a hell for questioning why you send people to hell.
22. You would not be let people conduct witch hunts, torture people, or burn others at the stake for hundreds of years in your name, if you could prevent it.
23. You would not allow an evil super natural well evil being to screw up the lives of others, if you could prevent it.
24. You would not kill a man’s servants, family members and animals, and inflict him with disease to prove his loyalty to you. (This is exactly what happens in the book of Job).
25. You would not value faith over reason.
26. You would not obscure yourself and punish people for doubting your existence.
27. You would not set up a system where all who do not wish to worship you would get tortured.
28. You would not impose eternal punishments for temporal crimes.
29. You would not impose thought crime laws on the population.
30. You would not recommend that people who work on Sunday should be killed.
31. You would not reveal your existence in a book written in someone else handwriting.
32. You would not approve of morons like Ted Haggard, Mike Huckabee, Ray Comfort, Kent Hovind, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Pope Benedict or Osama Bin Laden, speaking on your behalf.
32. You would not ask a man to kill his son to demonstrate his loyalty to you.
33. You not make people promise to cut off parts of their penises or their decedents penises.
34. You would not ask me to drink your blood or eat your body.
35. You would not build a world for people, and yet cover most of it with salt water.
36. You wouldn’t punish everyone who ever existed, for 2 people disobeying you.
37. You would not kill all but 6 of the world’s people in a global flood.
38. You would not place a curse on a people, because one of their ancestors walked in on his dad naked.
39. You would not use a book written 2000 years ago with as your primary means of communicating with people today.
40. You would not demand we believe silly things like the story of Noah’s ark or that the world was created less than 10,000 years ago.
41. You would not make your teachings indistinguishable from that of brutal, bronze tribes men.
42. You would not answer the prayers of wealthy Americans while, ignoring those sickened and impoverished in the third world.
This list could be much longer, but we can leave it here. There is plenty more irrationality and immorality in what the bible teaches, and in what Christians believe about their God. This o course also goes for practicing Jews and Muslims and other believers in the God of Abraham. If only they would realize this, and stop being believers, I think the world would be a better place.